Green IT Engineering: Concepts, Models, Complex Systems Architectures
The results of Tempus GREENCO project deliverables was published by Springer in Green IT Engineering: Concepts, Models, Complex Systems Architectures.
Editors: Vyacheslav Kharchenko, Kondratenko Yuriy, Janusz Kacprzyk (Eds.)
2017, XIV, 305 p. 101, illustrations, 56 illustrations in color, Hardcover
▶ Presents systematic research of principles, models, components and complex systems and describes industry and society-oriented aspects of green IT engineering
▶ Applies a chapter-oriented structure from hardware and software components to complex industry systems
▶ Describes step by step the elements of green IT engineering taxonomy, logically adding one to the other
About the book:
This volume provides a comprehensive state of the art overview of a series of advanced trends and concepts that have recently been proposed in the area of green information technologies engineering as well as of design and development methodologies for models and complex systems architectures and their intelligent components. The contributions included in the volume have their roots in the authors’ presentations, and vivid discussions that have followed the presentations, at a series of workshop and seminars held within the international TEMPUS-project GreenCo project in United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal, Sweden and the Ukraine, during 2013-2015 and at the 1st – 5th Workshops on Green and Safe Computing (GreenSCom) held in Russia, Slovakia and the Ukraine. The book presents a systematic exposition of research on principles, models, components and complex systems and a description of industry- and society-oriented aspects of the green IT engineering. A chapter-oriented structure has been adopted for this book following a “vertical view” of the green IT, from hardware (CPU and FPGA) and software components to complex industrial systems.
The 15 chapters of the book are grouped into five sections:
(1) Methodology and Principles of Green IT Engineering for Complex Systems
(2) Green Components and Programmable Systems
(3) Green Internet Computing, Cloud and Communication Systems
(4) Modeling and Assessment of Green Computer Systems and Infrastructures
(5) Green PLC-Based Systems for Industry Applications
TEMPUS GREENCO final meeting in ISTI-CNR, Pisa, 2016
Final meeting in frame of TEMPUS GREENCO project was hold in ISTI-CNR during May 29 – 30, 2016.
Partners presented their activities related to teaching courses development for MsC and PhD, dissemination of project, sustainability, shared the experience and draw up a plans for PhD incubators and future of GREENCO developments.
TEMPUS GREENCO meeting in ISTI-CNR
During October 12-13, 2015 Information Science and Technologies (ISTI) institute “A. Faedo” of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), ISTI-CNR, held technical meeting and workshop in frame of TEMPUS GREENCO project and not only.
The following organizations presented their research and curricula development on green, secure and safe ICT:
- Information Science and Technologies (ISTI) institute “A. Faedo” of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), ISTI-CNR
- National Aerospace University n. a. M. E. Zhukovsky “KhAI”
- University of banking of the National bank of Ukraine (Kyiv city)
- G. E. Pukhov Institute for Modelling in Energy Engineering IPME of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Joint Training School & Battle of IT-Startups (GreenSup), 2015 September 5-10, Mykolaiv, Ukraine
During September 5-10 in Ukraine, Mykolaiv, TEMPUS GREENCO, TEMPUS SEREIN and TEMPUS CABRIOLET consortia will meet together one more time in order to organise Joint Training School & Battle of IT-Startups (GreenSup).
- National Aerospace University “KhAI”, department of computer systems and networks, Prof Vyacheslav Kharchenko, national coordinator of TEMPUS GREENCO, TEMPUS SEREIN and TEMPUS CABRIOLET projects;
- Petro Mohyla Black Sea State University, department of intelligent information systems, Prof Yuriy Kondratenko, local coordinator of TEMPUS CABRIOLET project.
- The dissemination of knowledge and formation of practical skills in the preparation of start-up projects in the field of energy efficient (green) and safe (safe and secure) information systems and technologies;
- Carrying out of open Battle of student start-up projects from partner universities (see http://my-greenco.eu/consortium/, http://serein.net.ua/about/project-consortium/ );
- Discussion of the results and objectives in implementation of the TEMPUS-projects (TEMPUS GREENCO, TEMPUS SEREIN and TEMPUS CABRIOLET).
- Students (undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD), university teachers (lecturers, professors,), managers and engineers of IT companies belonging to projects consortia (see http://my-greenco.eu/consortium/, http://serein.net.ua/about/project-consortium/) - 13 student teams from 8 Universities in Ukraine;
- Representatives of IT companies and universities participating in the School as lecturers, trainers and experts.
TEMPUS GreenCo “GreenSCom” workshop in Slovakia (Zilina)
The next meeting in the frame of TEMPUS GreenCo project will be conducted in the University of Zilina in July, 7-9, 2015 in Zilina, Slovakia.
This meeting will be organized together with the 5th Workshop on Green and Safe Computing and Communication (GreenSCom2015) in frame of International Conference on Information and Digital Technologies 2015.
Project partners should prepare presentations about the progress of TEMPUS GreenCo project and discuss future plans.
TEMPUS GREENCO meeting in Uzhhorod National University
This meeting was organized as a technical meeting with presentation developed teaching programmes for MSc and PhD students and Lifelong learning modules and also to disseminate the project results.
TEMPUS GREENCO meeting and workshop in frame of PACET Conference
This meeting was organized as an open workshop “Green Computing and Communications” (more than 12 papers were presented at the Conference, as a dissemination of GREENCO project results) and technical meeting with presentation of further improved teaching programmes for MSc and PhD students and Lifelong learning modules.
Final of the Battle of Students IT startups
On March 20, 2015 the final IT-startup competition “IT-Eureka! Ukraine” was held in Odessa, Ukraine, in the frame of 1st Ukrainian Forum of IT-students’ Innovation. More than 120 students, teachers and representatives of Ukrainian innovative start-ups and IT enterprise took part in the Forum. The number of accepted projects is 444.
The jury of the competition:
- Hans Lundberg (Vice-President of the European Academy of Management EURAM, Brussels, Belgium)
- Niklas Malmros (President of Sigma Technology Solutions AB, Vahyo, Sweden)
- Vladimir Rogovsky (Director of Business Incubator WannaBiz, Odessa, Ukraine)
- Viktor Kauk (associate professor of Department of Software Engineering at Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics, Kharkiv, Ukraine)
- Natalia Potapova (manager of educational programs of Sigma Software, Kharkiv, Ukraine).
A team from the Department of Computer Systems and Networks of “KhAI” with following members: Anton Zhmyrov, Anton Lapko, Ihor Diachenko, Zhanna Shelimanova, Oroma Roseline Ohochukwu with mentors Olga Yanovskaya and Maxim Yanovsky took II place with the project «YouDrop: Architecture and software tools for building the infrastructure of distributed cloud» and received a special prize from companies GeeksLab and FlyElephant.
This event was organised with the support of the following TEMPUS projects:
TEMPUS CABRIOLET, GREENCO, SEREIN joint Winter School (WINT 2015)
WINT 2015 School took place simultaneously in three cities of Ukraine - Chernivtsi, Khmelnitsky and Uzhhorod.
The school was organized together by National Aerospace University named after N.E. Zhukovsky “KhAI” , Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University and Khmelnitsky National University.
Such type of events, like joint meeting & training, school, and WINT 2015 particularly, is a great possibility to organize the synergy of both projects and to reach better results of higher quality due to collaboration.
During WINT 2015 results of monitoring сonducted by National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine of TEMPUS CABRIOLET and TEMPUS SEREIN projects was discussed and activities for further improvements has been planned.
Participants from TEMPUS GREENCO and TEMPUS SEREIN consortium presented developed teaching programmes for MSc and PhD students and Lifelong learning modules for developed staff in area of green computing and communication and cyber security.
Battle of students IT start-ups
During October 22, 2014 in National Aerospace University “KhAI” the first battle of students’ IT startups was organised. Students of computer systems and networks department (503) of KhAI presented their bright ideas in form of start-ups with technology description and business plans concerning its monetization.
The topics of students’ startups included the following directions:
- cyber security of open-source systems, applications and environments;
- secure cloud-platform for fast deployment of the Internet applications;
- unmanned quadrocopters for tourism;
- smart system of energy monitoring and management “smart university”;
- software tools for the infrastructure of distributed cloud.
The experts from industry noted all presented projects as prospective ones after a long-lasting debates.
This event was organised with the support of Scientific and technical center for safety infrastructure-oriented research and analysis, “Club of communications in IT” and the following TEMPUS projects:
All start-ups were prepared for participation in All-Ukrainian contest under the patronage of Ukrainian Government and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.